Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One Touch Ultra Blood Sugar Monitor

Since being diagnosed for type 2 Diabetes I have been using a One Touch Ultra Blood Sugar Monitor to measure my blood glucose levels. In fact I have 2. The normal unit as well as the mini version as it is much more compact for taking out with me wherever I go. I am lucky enough to get all my test strips and lancets free on prescription though I know many people really struggle to get them on prescription from their GP.

It's especially important to measure your blood glucose levels when you are first diagnosed to find out what foods increase you levels. What works for one person won't work for another. In my case, for exapmple, a chicken dinner with all the trimmings hardly registers at all while 2 rounds of buttered toast is good for 2 points. Crazy right? You just can't make any assumptions about how individual foods will affect you until you test for them.

A good method is to take a reading just prior to a meal and then take another 2 hours later. That will show you what the meal has done in regards to your blood sugars. You soon find out what is safe to eat, what is a bit naughty and the absolute no no's. Take a look at my full review of the One touch Ultra monitor over on squidoo for all the details.



Here are some other links to the article sections for you -


  1. The One Touch Ultra 2 Monitor Is What I...
  2. One Touch Ultra 2 Features
  3. One Touch Ultra Options
  4. The One Touch Ultra Is Doctor Recommende...
  5. Why It Is So Vital To Use A Blood Glucos...
  6. Blood Glucose Monitoring Supplies
  7. My Other Health Lenses
  8. One Touch Monitor Guestbook Comments
  9. Blood Glucose News
  10. Lens Love for One Touch Ultra Monitors




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I've been using the One Touch Ultra monitor as it was prescribed for me by my doctor. It works faultlessly every time and is a great comfort being able to check my sugar levels.

    ReplyDelete